The Fritts Life- its gonna be a good good life!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

33 Weeks- Hanging in There!



How Far Along:  33 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 18 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Every day!
Stretch Marks:  Keepin them to a minimum!
Sleep:  Up and down all night.... rolling over has become so difficult...and getting comfortable is impossible :(
Best Moment This Week: Laughing in the car with my husband- just sat there for a long time being silly and laughing so hard , a friend at work lending me her breast pump, and moms surprise!!!! What a blessing!
Miss Anything: Being active, being able to clean, being able to really do anything
Movement: He is active 24/7
Food Cravings: Nothing special- meals are getting smaller and smaller!
Anything make you quesy or sick: Nope
Gender Predicition- 100% Boy
Labor Signs: contractions
Symptoms:  lower back pain, swollen feet, contractions, acid reflux
Belly Button in or out: still staying flat
Wedding ring on or off: on :)
Looking Forward to:  Baby Shower!
Nursery Progress:  Just needing some essentials- crib sheets, mattress pads, stroller, monitor etc!

This week baby is the size of a Durian Fruit (no idea what that is!)- but he should be weighing between 4.2 and 5.8 pounds (he is estimated to be 5.8).   He is now keeping his eyes open when he is awake, and he is starting to coordinate breathing, sucking, and swallowing! His bones are hardening and he is having major brain development this week.

We got to view our maternity pictures this week- they turned out really good!  Part of me wishes I would have waited another week or two so my belly would have been bigger... but then again we did it the week before all the bed rest/contractions started so maybe it was for the best!  I can't wait to get some of our favorite prints in!  Hopefully they get here before our little one does!

My mom also had a HUGE surprise for us! She is the queen of all bargain shopping and she found the sale of all sales and was able to get us a new (bigger) refrigerator- with a working ice machine! finally! and a new, silent, energy saving dishwasher!!!! We needed both so bad- we had old hand me downs before and they weren't going to last much longer.  She was able to get both for less than the normal price of one! It was such a surprise and a blessing to us- there is no way we could have done that ourselves.  Thank you mom!!!!! We can't tell you how much that meant to us and how much its helping us out!!!

This week the "modified bed rest" got a little stricter- I'm still able to work, but no more running errands of any kind or doing anything that someone else can do for me. No cooking, no cleaning, no grocery shopping- sitting at work and laying down at home.

That worked pretty good for the majority of the week- seemed like the contractions were getting better.... that is until Saturday- and then that same incredibly pain side contraction flared up again.  And then Sunday- well Sunday was just plain awful!  My body just felt different- in a bad way-  I had a constant lower back pain, I had contractions that were wrapping around my back all the way around my stomach-  We didn't know what to do- whether to go into Labor and Delivery or not- I wasn't have more than 5 an hour (that I could feel anyways)  but the ones I was having were really bad.  It got to the point that I finally said 1 more contraction and we are going in- we got our bags ready to go and loaded the car seat into the truck- everything was ready to go.  And then I ended up falling asleep...... so we didn't go in, not yet anyways.  We decided we would call the doctor on Monday and see where to go from there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment