The Fritts Life- its gonna be a good good life!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

31 Weeks.. Let the Contractions Begin...


How Far Along:  31 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 18 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Yep, and now I have the best OSU Maternity shirt too!!
Stretch Marks:  Not bad
Sleep:  Getting difficult- I just cant ever get comfortable.  When I lay on my side it feels like my side muscles are literally tearing- its so painful. And I think God is preparing me for motherhood- I can sleep through ANYTHING, no storm will wake me up, no noise is loud enough... but lately any little thing and I'm awake.  It stormed this week and I was awake the entire time :(
Best Moment This Week: Maternity pictures!
Miss Anything: Cuddling up with my husband and being able to work out!
Movement: Non stop, hes getting stronger and stronger! And moving up to my rib area now
Food Cravings: Bananas and Chocolate Milk .....and still mexican and chocolate and root beer!
Anything make you quesy or sick: BLEACH!  They used Bleach for an activity in Konnect this week- I was so sick for the rest of the night. It was absolutly awful.
Gender Predicition- hes a sweet boy!
Labor Signs: CONTRACTIONS!!!
Symptoms:  my left foot is swollen, get out of breath easily, and  extremely tired- like back to 1st trimester type tired!
Belly Button in or out: Still almost flat- hasnt popped yet!
Wedding ring on or off: ON!! whoo hooo
Looking Forward to: Our next baby classes, baby showers, and ultrasound
Nursery Progress: Its pretty much ready for him!

Braxton is now the size of a pineapple!  He is 15.2-16.7 inches long and should weigh 2.5-3.7 pounds.  He should gain half a pound a week from here on out! His brain, nerves, and eyes are all going through major development this week.   His irises now react to light!

I haven't gotten sick from smells in a long long time- but Wednesday night at Konnect they were using bleach for a project with the kids (which just doesn't sound smart to me at all)- but I didn't know it and as I was walking my girls to the room the smell overcame me and I was sick instantly.  I had to have someone else cover my group and had to go outside to get fresh air-  I ended up being sick ALL night from the smell and just felt miserable.  I think that has been the worst smell hands down this entire pregnancy!  My husband was so sweet though- he came outside and took care of me and took over taking care of my girls and he got me out of there early that night so I could go lay in bed and be sick.  I am so well taken care of, its such a blessing!

We had our maternity pics with the amazing Randy Coleman this week too! It was soooo much fun- time just flew by.  Me and Brian were just laughing and having fun the entire shoot- it felt like we were on a little date.  We went to a little park area in a neighborhood that had green grass and a lake and a little swing set.  I cannot wait to see how they turned out!!

I was feeling really great this week!  I had energy and I felt that pregnancy "glow"- things seemed to be on the up and up and finally getting easier for me!  That is until..... Sunday we went to the mall to look at some things we needed- Things were going great, and then out of nowhere  I started to get what I thought was a side cramp.  I told Brian I needed to slow down on walking because it was hurting pretty bad, but I still thought I could walk it out.  Well, it ended up getting so bad- about a 9 on a scale of 1-10 that I could not take another step- walking was impossible.  We were really close to a bench, so somehow Brian got me to that bench to sit.  The pain was awful and I started to get really really hot.  I just wanted out of the mall at that moment.  Finally after about 15 min the pain had died down to where I thought I could walk again and try to get to the car.  About 2 steps into walking the pain started again in the exact same spot on my side, only on my other side.  It was just as painful.  I didn't want to stop though, I just wanted to get home.  The pain caught up to me and walking once again became impossible.  I had to stop on the rail and just breathe out the pain.  People were looking at me like I was crazy.  I finally made it to another bench that was close to our exit so I sat there while Brian got the car and brought it up to the door for me.

I really didn't know for sure what these were- I knew they weren't Braxton Hicks contractions because those aren't painful and they go away with walking- but there is no way I was having real contractions at 31 weeks- right??!?!?

We went over to my moms from the mall to relax and let her know what was going on.  The pain hadn't come back, so I just kind of thought well that was weird but maybe its normal for this time in pregnancy.....

Little did I know what I was in store for come Monday morning.....

1 comment: