The Fritts Life- its gonna be a good good life!

Sunday, September 9, 2012

30 Weeks, The Nursery, and OSU Football!


How Far Along:  30 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 20 pounds (per the dr office, 18 by my scale)
Maternity Clothes: Yes! :)
Stretch Marks:  Just a few, trying to keep them to a minimum- nothing bad yet
Sleep:  Pretty good!
Best Moment This Week: The nursery being done and  the first OSU game of the season
Miss Anything: Nope, so happy being pregnant!
Movement: He is doing sumersaults, kicks, punches- non stop action going on in there!
Food Cravings: Chocoloate Milk, Chocoloate, Mexican
Anything make you quesy or sick:  Doing good in this dept- havent gotten sick in a while!
Gender Predicition- Hes a boy!!!
Labor Signs: Some Braxton Hicks contractions, nothing bad yet
Symptoms:  Contractions, swollen feet
Belly Button in or out: FLAT! looks like it could pop any time now!
Wedding ring on or off: Its on, Im hoping it can stay on the whole time!
Looking Forward to: The next ultrasound! those are my favorite :)
Nursery Progress: Its all put together!!!

30 Weeks!!! I feel like we are in the final stretch!!!!!  Baby is the length of a cucumber now- about 15-16.5 inches long and weighs 2.5-3.8 pounds.  He is now strong enough to grasp a finger!!!

My  checklist this week says to get the hospital bags ready!!! Woah!!! That was kind of scary to read- that means we really are getting close! We got all our toiletries packed- we got travel size ones- now we just need to pack our outfits and lil Braxtons!

I went in for my bi-weekly doctors appt on Tuesday-  it went great!  Braxton HATES the heart doppler- every time the nurse puts it on him, he kicks so hard that it literally bounces the doppler off my stomach. It is so funny to see. He got so mad at it, his heart rate went up to 152! That is the highest its been in a long time! He usually holds steady at about 146. I dont understand why he hates that but then falls asleep during all of our ultrasounds!  Silly boy :)  The doctor said everything looked perfect- she measured my belly and I was right on where I should be.  I asked her if I was too small-  seems like other people are just so much bigger than me I had started to get worried.  She kind of looked at me weird and said not at all, you are literally perfect just how you are growing.  That made me feel good!  Then I asked her about having a big baby- she just laughed and said wait you were just worried you were too small and now you are worried about having a 10 pound baby- to which I replied YES!  She said not to worry, that she cant estimate his birth weight yet, but that I am right where I should be and everything should be okay.  She said that she would have a better idea at the next ultrasound and that it was normal for me to start worrying about this- but she really does think I'll have a normal weight baby!  Whew!!!  They also weighed me in and I've offically gained 20 pounds so far- she said that was right where I should be too!

We had a major scare this week with my mom-  We were out shopping for Braxton when I kind of noticed her walking like she was in pain.  I asked if she was okay and she said she just had a cramp in her leg. But that "cramp"  turned in to a paralyzing pain.  All of a sudden she couldnt move at all and was in so much pain. People around started to notice something wasnt right and came to check on her, but we couldnt get her to the truck to get her to the hospital.  Brian went and pulled the truck up right to the door and somehow ended up basically carrying her out to it.  Getting her in the truck was just as difficult, she couldnt put any weight on her legs.  We boosted her up and got her in, but she was still in agonizing pain. Brian drove so fast- gave him some good practice for when labor is here-  we got her to the ER and of course by this time the pain had gone away.  They checked her and hooked her up to the IV's and ran a bunch of tests, but couldnt find anything.  Doctor ended up saying it was just a cramp.  However, we all know it was not a cramp, something went terribly wrong and it was frustrating to not have answers.  Praying that it doesnt happen again! Such a scary moment for all three of us.  Thankful for Brians ability to stay calm and take care of me and my mom. 

The nursery is offically painted and all the furniture is put together!!!!! We couldnt be happier with how it turned out.  Our friends, The Beards, painted for us- we did gray walls with 1 wall having gray stripes- its so perfect! We didnt want to go with a theme for the room (animals or sports or anything) so we just went with colors- and did Orange, Green, and Blue.  Taylor made the Braxton name sign and Brian and my dad put together all the furniture, my mom handmade all the bedding (pillows and quilts too)- it was just a family effort to get it all done and on a budget.   The quilt and bedding my mom made is absolutely perfect- I remember the things Oma made me when I was a baby and how special they are to me even to this day, so I am so excited she was able to make this for Braxton.  I love love love it!!! We walk in the room all the time and just look around- cant wait for lil Braxton to be here!!! Thank you to everyone who helped us get it all ready for him!
Painting the room!

putting together the dresser


My mom made Braxtons quilt- I am so in love with it!

Taylor made the Braxton sign- it turned out amazing!





We decided not to buy OSU season tickets this year- which was such a hard and heartbreaking decision for us to come to- but we knew it was for the best.   But..... this weekend was the first home game and I was feeling pretty good so we bought some tickets and decided to go! We were so excited!!!  My mom even bought me the cutest maternity shirt for the game- I just love it!! The game would have been just fine, except that it was like 100 degrees outside that day.  Just walking from the car to The Walk and Student Union and I was drenched in sweat and so exhausted.  I felt like I had just run a marathon.  I literally drank like 4 bottles of water so fast just trying to stay hydrated.  We watched the walk and then my sweet husband was so concerned about me he took me to the union and we just sat at a booth, drank water, and talked.  It was like a little date :)  He never made me feel guilty or like I was a pain that we couldnt do all the things we normally do, he just sat and talked with me and made sure I was okay....Have I ever mentioned how much I love him! ;)   Once it was close to game time, we headed in and bought me a seat cushion.  I was really worried about sitting at the game, but with the cushion it was great!  We had pretty good seats, but we were in the sun the whole time.  I just had to keep buying (expensive) waters to stay hydrated. The game was so out of control (we were killing the other team) and it was hot and we were starving so we left a little before halftime- the first time I have ever left early, but hey I'm pregnant!- and we walked over to Mexico Joes and sat in air conditioning, ate a good meal, chugged water, and watched the game on tv.  It was so much fun- I cant wait until we can start taking Braxton with us!!!





With all the excitement of our growing family, me and Brian have had so many talks about what traditions we want to do, what we want holidays to look like for us- its been so exciting to have those conversations with him and just to dream of what our family will be like.  I love that when we talk about it we both envision the same things.  We both want tradition- and we both want holidays to be holiDAYS, not just eat and runs or rush from place to place, but to enjoy the day with family and have fun and make memories being active. I love dreaming and planning with him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment