The Fritts Life- its gonna be a good good life!

Monday, July 16, 2012

23 Weeks!


How Far Along:  23 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 12 pounds!!!
Maternity Clothes:  Love them!
Stretch Marks:  OMG yes, got my first ones and I'm not happy about it!
Sleep:  Interuppted by crazy dreams and horrible hip/pelvic pain
Best Moment This Week: Meeting our pediatrician and bargain shopping!
Miss Anything: Being able to cuddle wtih my husband without a maternity pillow in between us!
Movement: All the time!! Still waiting for Brian to be able to feel him though
Food Cravings:  Chocolate
Anything make you quesy or sick: Meat and BBQ- although I am getting better at this!
Gender Predicition- ITS A BOY!
Labor Signs:  Nope!
Symptoms:  Hip pain, pelvic bone pain, itchy skin, stretch marks, emotional
Belly Button in or out: In
Wedding ring on or off:  On but its starting to get tighter...
Happy or Moody:  Happy! ...emotional
Looking Forward to: Brian feeling the baby move
Nursery Progress:  Planning it all  out with Taylor...so excited to see her ideas come to life in there!



I finally finished the book The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy this week- I didn't agree with everything in the book or all the opinions shared, but overall I liked it!  The day I finished that book I read the entire book Belly Laughs- again some of the wording, not my cup of tea, but both books had me laughing as I related to all the experiences you go through in this pregnancy journey!

Everyone talks about how awful maternity clothes are- but I think they are soooo comfortable and I actually think there are a lot of cute ones out there!  My selection of maternity clothes are growing and I'm so thankful for that!

I've been dealing with the agonizing hip pain for weeks now, but this week brought the pain to another level.  Not only was the hip pain still there, but on top of that now my pelvic bone feels like its being shattered.  i double over in pain and just cry, its like I can feel my bone breaking over and over- I don't know how else to explain the feeling- its the most painful thing I have experienced.

I was still getting sick constantly at work.  Sitting straight up in a chair for 8-9 hours a day is killing me-  I try to push back on the chair so that I am kind of leaned back, it helps a little bit but not much. About every 30 minutes my stomach will cramp so bad and I'll get sick to my stomach.  Being at home I don't get near as sick because I am able to sit comfortably on a couch or lay in bed.  Every day is a challenge!  Thankfully, we got new chairs at work towards the end of the week, they are so much easier to recline and stay reclined while you sit- I've had the chair for a day and a half and so far havent gotten sick once! Hoping and praying it gets easier from here on out now thanks to being able to sit more comfortably!

In good news, I think I am starting to get a little bit of my energy back! Lately my husband has been getting tired before I am! ....probably because he is having to take care of me constantly :), but I'm just glad I'm getting some back, even though its not a lot, some energy is better than none!  And it seems like food smells are starting to bother me less!

And we got to meet our pediatrician this week! She is AMAZING!!! We went to her because every time we would ask for recommendations or talk about pediatricans, her name was constantly brought up-  I would say 80-90% of the answers were her, and we could see why!  We got to meet with her in her office, she was so friendly and talkative-  from our conversation with her we have complete trust in her taking care of our babys health and we are definitely NOT doing bumpers!  So far between our PCP, our OBGYN, and our Pediatrician- we believe we have the absolute BEST doctors out there!

This week was also what we call our BARGAIN WEEK! WOW!!!  It all started on Friday me and my mom met up with Brian for lunch- we got done early so we decided to stop by TJ Maxx and we found the cutest socks- they look like little hightop shoes- and at a bargain price!

 Then me and my mom went to Babies R Us to look around and bought a few pieces of clothes that were on a half off sale, they are just too cute!




When I got home I decided I would try out Craigslist to see if I could find any good garage sales for the weekend- I found one close by that was selling a bouncer seat that would be perfect for my mom.  So Brian emailed her and she said we could come over that night and look before she had the garage sale the next morning- well little did we know we hit the jackpot!! She had everything! And it was all in perfect condition!!!  We ended up getting the bouncer, bath tub, boppy, extra boppy cover, crib mobile, 3 toys, linkadoos, 3 rattles, 3 hooded towels, 6 burp clothes, 6 blankets and TONS of clothes ranging from 3months to 12 months.  As soon as I got home I googled all the items to see how much money we saved- would have cost us $725 to buy in the stores and we spent under $90!

I was on a roll now! So I kept checking Craigslist to see if I could find anymore amazing deals- and I did! I found a lady selling an entire lot of newborn clothes-  there was about 30 onsies/outfits, some blankets, hats, mittens, and booties- all in excellent condition, and she was only selling them for $20!! Now I wasnt going to buy many newborn clothes because I'm expecting Braxton to come out weighing over 8 pounds, but at 20 bucks this was the perfect buy!

I know it looks like we have an overload of clothes, but trust me we dont!  All the clothes we got range over a year time span so we are still on the lookout for great deals and still trying to get more :)

Yes, I am a super planner/organizer so I already have them all sorted out by month and a spreadsheet that shows how many we have and by type, so like sleep and plays, onsies, long sleeve winter items- and once I did that, it didnt look like we had near as much as I thought.  But I LOVE what we found and feel like we got some amazing deals!!!!

We went to church with my dad on Sunday- pregnancy hormones seem to intensify any emotion you have- and as I was sitting there between my husband and my father, I was overcome with emotion at how blessed I am to have 2 men who love the Lord to mentor and guide Braxton.  I know not everyone has that and not every child is lucky enough to have a dad and grandpa who are God fearing men and will teach him all the ways of the Lord!  Thank you thank you thank you Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment