The Fritts Life- its gonna be a good good life!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

9 Weeks!!!


How Far Along:  9 weeks
Total Weight Gain:  down 8 pounds :( not good
Maternity Clothes:  Not clothes- but went up 2 bra sizes!!! (That might be TMI, but hey its part of pregnancy!)
Stretch Marks:  Nope
Sleep:  Still have crazy dreams- I'm ready for a nap everyday about 1pm- I can barely keep my eyes open.  I go to sleep by about 8 or 9 every night and sleep so hard!
Best Moment This Week:  Getting to see our baby's heartbeat
Miss Anything:  Hot dogs and pepsi :)  
Movement: not yet
Food Cravings:  Chinese
Anything make you quesy or sick:  Still can't brush my teeth without throwing up and car rides
Gender Predicition- Girl
Labor Signs: none
Symptoms:  The usual-  tiredness, nausea, sore boobs
Belly Button in or out: In
Wedding ring on or off:  On
Happy or Moody:  Tired! (but always happy and so blessed to be pregnant)
Looking Forward to:   Getting into the 2nd trimester!!!!
Nursery Progress: I keep thinking I'm going to start working on it, but then I just lay down and rest :)

At 9 weeks our baby is now officially a  fetus!  It is the size of a green olive.  The iris of the baby's eyes now function, but the eyes will be fused shut for awhile.  The kidney is now functioning and the baby is developing a sense of balance.

This week was a bit scary for us- we had to have an unscheduled visit to the OBGYN for more complications.  I am on some new medicine  and hope that it works!  They think we caught everything early enough that it should be okay, but I still worry.  I still have no appetite.  I have to force myself to eat so that I get enough calories in during the day.  I'm so ready to get into that magical second trimester!  

While we were at the doctors office they tried to hear the baby's heartbeat through the Doppler, but it couldn't pick it up yet.  Just to be safe they went ahead and did an ultrasound, and we were able to see our little baby and see the heartbeat. That is the good news!




No comments:

Post a Comment