The Fritts Life- its gonna be a good good life!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

11Weeks!!!



How Far Along:  11 weeks!
Total Weight Gain: +1 pound- finally gaining!
Maternity Clothes: YES!!!! and they are wonderful!!!! (thanks mom!)
Stretch Marks:  Nope
Sleep: All the time!
Best Moment This Week: HEARING OUR BABY'S HEART BEAT!!!!  Maternity Clothes Shopping, party in park, and my birthday!
Miss Anything:  Ordering our OSU Season Tickets :( dont worry- we will be back next year!
Movement: not yet
Food Cravings:  Sonic Route 44 Ice Water :)
Anything make you quesy or sick: Smells and brushing my teeth still
Gender Predicition- Girl
Labor Signs: none
Symptoms: Very heightened sense of smell,  extreme tiredness, burping, stretching of my uterus!
Belly Button in or out: In
Wedding ring on or off:  On
Happy or Moody: Exhausted
Looking Forward to:  Getting my energy back! And our next ultrasound!
Nursery Progress: Hopefully soon!

The baby is now the size of a lime!  We've come a long way from a sweet pea- it is now 1.6 inches long and weighs .25 ounces-  its moving around and its hands are busy exploring its face and mouth .The fingers and toes are no longer webbed and the tooth buds, hair follicles and nail beds are forming.

Man this was a fun and eventful week!!!

We went in for our monthly doctors visit this week and we finally got to hear our baby's heartbeat! It was such an amazing moment- words cannot describe.  Our baby has a high heartbeat- 169bpm... the old wives tale says a high heart rate means a girl- I know these are just myths...but its still fun to think of them!  I was so glad Brian was there for this moment.  Its amazing to think that we have gone from a 10% chance of our baby surviving to now a 90%!!!




I need to take a minute and brag on my husband. He is always there for me- spiritually, emotionally, physically- always. We are each others best friends and always put each other first.  There isn't a time in our entire relationship that he hasn't been there for me.  We always sit by each other, we eat with and by each other, we hold hands, we pray over each other, we go to events together- we make memories and live life together.  And this pregnancy is no different- he has been by my side every step of the way.  He was there when I took the first test and we saw the positive sign together, he was there to hear the doctor tell us congratulations for the first time, we spread the news to everyone together, he was there to hold my hand and calm me down during all the scary doctors appts and all the lab work,  he lays in bed with me when I feel miserable and rubs my arm to make me feel better, he was there to see our baby in the first ultrasound, to hear the heartbeat for the first time- everything we have done together.  I haven't had to do one step of this pregnancy alone. Sometimes I start to think this is normal- but I know its not- I am so blessed to have a husband so involved and loving- I thank God for blessing me with a man so much better than I deserve!

"For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church.  He gave up his life for her.... husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies.  For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself"  -Ephesians  5:25-28

Thank you Brian for loving me with the love of Christ!


I also found out I can actually eat hot dogs (I thought I couldn't!)   So to celebrate the heart beat we went to Sonic and got a chili cheese coney- yum yum! And just our luck- it was a buy one get one free :)  Its the little things like this that can put the biggest smile on your face!

Also this week my mom took me maternity clothes shopping!  It was sooo fun!  I really needed clothes, I've definitly outgrown my regular clothes.  I tried to use the bella band, but I was not a fan- it was not comfortable to me at all.  So shopping we went!  I got 2 new bras (that is what I needed the most)- I walked in wearing an A- and after being properly measured and fitted, I walked out wearing a D!!! ahhhh- i cant believe I'm actually that big! And the lady said I'm still growing! Crazy!  I also got some maternity jeans, capris, skirt, dress, and some tank tops! It was a great start and was so fun to do that with my mom and husband!

Sunday we had a birthday party in the park with my family and part of Brians family and our Konnect family. That group of girls and their moms are so special to both of us, it was nice to have them there to celebrate with our families!   My mom got me a cupcake cake- I have never seen anything like it!  It looked like a cake on the top, but it was all little cupcakes on the bottom!  It was a great day all around!

My cupcake cake!

Us and my mom- who we affectionately call Millie

Us & Brian's Mom Debbie

The whole gang!


Tuesday was my birthday- we couldn't do a lot because I am still feeling miserable and sleeping by 7pm- but my husband took me out on a date and made the day so special for me.  He surprised me with the diaper bag that I fell in LOVE with! Its so perfect :)



Tuesday was also my last night of taking Prometrium! YAYAY!!!! We are both so excited for me to be off of it.  We are so thankful for that medicine, it kept our baby going (Well the medicine did, but God really worked a miracle), but the side effects are miserable.  It's hard to explain how it makes you feel to someone who has never been on it- I am just so thankful my husband was so understanding and so sweet to me during this whole time.  I'm hoping I can now stay up past 7 and I have energy!  However, as excited as we are for me to be off- it does bring some worry.  I trust my doctors and I know they wouldn't steer me wrong, but my mind is full of questions-  Is it really okay to stop taking it right now?  How do I know my placenta has taken over?  What if it hasn't?  Will our baby be okay without it?  It is a very scary for me, but this whole journey has been all about blindly trusting and walking in faith.  Our God is a good God and I have to place my trust in him.  There is no other person I would rather be on this journey with than my amazing husband Brian.




1 comment:

  1. Wow Jenny.. I clicked on ur picture to see how big ur belly is getting and end up being sucked in to ur whole post! I don't know if u remember me but if u take a little look around my page u may figure it out lol ;) but I just wanted to say congrats and from one believer to another, ur message was beautiful and God really is amazing. Ur blessed to have such a sweet hubby especially because it sounds like he puts God first too. Don't know what was going on with ur pregnancy early on, but coming from a new mommy, I completely understand the worry u must feel and all the "what if" moments. But just trust In God and he will protect u and him/ her. He is graceful regardless, but he has favor in those who are righteous and put him first. I can totally see a change in u from years ago and I admire u for that. I know this was random but u impacted me as I sit here rocking my Babygirl Ava to sleep.

    ReplyDelete