The Fritts Life- its gonna be a good good life!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

12 Weeks!


How Far Along:  12 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: lost another 7 pounds..... :(
Maternity Clothes: Thats all I can wear now! 
Stretch Marks:  Not yet
Sleep:Sleeping good :)
Best Moment This Week: Seeing our baby!!!!
Miss Anything:  Not really
Movement: not yet- cant wait to feel that for the first time!
Food Cravings:  Nothing really- I was craving Indian Tacos but that was just because everyone was at the Arts Festival
Anything make you quesy or sick:Smells- Meat is the worst! oh and car rides- cant do them without getting sick either!
Gender Predicition-  I don't know anymore.....
Labor Signs: nope
Symptoms: Sore boobs, growing belly, tiredness,  smells, heartburn, cramping, getting sick when riding in cars
Belly Button in or out: In
Wedding ring on or off:  On
Happy or Moody: Happy and getting more energized
Looking Forward to:  Seeing our next ultrasound!
Nursery Progress: Almost!

The baby is now the size of a plum! Its about 2inches long and weighs .49 oz.  It now has reflexes, so if I poke the baby it will move! (even though I cant feel it yet)


This was the first weekend I had any amount of energy so we took full advantage of it and went on a day long date on Saturday. It was so much fun- we did some surprises for each other and just did some random spur of the moment things too.  Life with my husband is always an adventure :) I love it!

I am very lucky that both of my parents LOVE Brian and he has such a good relationship with them.  They truly think of him as their son and would do anything for us.  Sunday my dad came over and him and Brian pulled out all the power tools.  Those two men worked so hard and they completely made over our closet and added shelving to the shed- my dad loves to teach Brian things and spend time with him. They gave up their entire Sunday to help us out and stayed until everything was finished-  they didn't rush the project or rush us or ever make us feel like it was an inconvenience.  They talked me through all my OCD-ness :)  and took the time to teach Brian everything.  Brian & my dad did an amazing job, I couldn't have been more happy and proud.

The biggest event this week was getting to see our baby during the ultrasound! Last time we saw our little one it looked like this:
6 weeks
And today our little one looks like this!
13 weeks


I had no idea our baby would look so much like a baby now! It was the most amazing thing to see- our baby is sooooo active.  It was kicking and stretching and moving- it was touching its face and the mouth was just talking away.  Its just crazy to think all that movement is going on inside of me but I can't feel any of it yet!  About half way through the ultrasound the baby just fell asleep out of nowhere.  It definitely  sleeps like me- nothing would wake that little baby up! The tech tried to do everything to wake it up, but it was just snoozing through it all!  Finally about 20 min later the baby woke up and started moving again! Thank goodness!!!   This is the exact position the baby fell asleep in,  it just kicked up its legs, leaned back and went to sleep- it was too cute:



The ultrasound was for the Nuchal Translucency Screening which assessed the baby's risk of downs syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities.  The first half of the testing is the ultrasound and the second half is blood work.  We haven't heard back from the blood work yet, but we heard back from the doctor after the ultrasound was reviewed and it came back looking great!  Our baby tested negative for all the diseases being tested! Praise the Lord!!!

The measured the baby at 13 weeks 1 day-  we were at 12 weeks 6 days, so it was just a few days off.  By the ultrasound the due date would not be Nov 5th, but they haven't officially changed it yet- so we will see if they do!

Our baby is such a precious miracle- its just amazing to see how far we have come! Our baby already has personality and is so stinkin cute!  We are so in love!




1 comment:

  1. I remember seeing my little one at our 8 week ultrasound and finding out that he was measuring at about 9 weeks! That was the scary number for me because that is how far along I was told I was when we had the miscarriage. My estimated due date has changed, but not officially, twice now, once at the first ultrasound (we were first told the EDD was August 15th, and from measuring about a week further along, we were told August 8th) and the second time at the second ultrasound at our 19 week appointment when we also found out we were expecting a boy (we were told he was measuring a week and 3 days further along which would put the due date at August 5th). My EDD has not officially changed yet because the original date is an estimate, and most doctors give a 10 day window on either side of the original due date.
    I'm so excited for you and Brian and I can't wait to meet your little one and I hope to introduce you and Brian to my little boy too! You'll be so excited when you actually feel the "flutters" of your baby moving and you will probably feel it right around 16 weeks (I felt mine at 17). Just remember that Brian and everyone else won't be able to feel the "kicks" and "punches" until about 4 weeks or so later (my husband felt our baby at 21 or 22 weeks). If you have any questions, just let me know :) I'm there for you :) Enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete