The Fritts Life- its gonna be a good good life!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

16 Weeks!



How Far Along:  16 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: still down 2 pounds :( I don't understand!
Maternity Clothes: Still just maternity bottoms and tank tops
Stretch Marks: Not yet- but we loaded up on lotions this week to help with it!
Sleep:  Much better! I've got the pillow fortress building down now :)
Best Moment This Week: Being with Family and getting my first foot massage!
Miss Anything: Not that I can think of!
Movement:Potentially! Had some flutters this week!!
Food Cravings:  Chocolate...I'm just hungry all the time now
Anything make you quesy or sick: Car rides and smells- EVERYTHING smells and most of it makes me gag/throw up :(
Gender Predicition- depends on when you ask me :)
Labor Signs: Nope!
Symptoms:  Extreme tiredness, hungry, cramping
Belly Button in or out: In
Wedding ring on or off:  On
Happy or Moody: Happy!!!!!
Looking Forward to: The gender reveal party!
Nursery Progress: Getting ideas for both girl and boy for how we want to decorate


The baby is the size of an avacado-the baby is starting to be able to hear our voices now (so cool!) and its forming taste buds, growing hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows!

This has been a really fun week for us- for the most part I was feeling really well so we were able to get some stuff done!  We had heard almost all parents either recommend reading Happiest Baby on the Block or Baby Wise (we have heard all the pros and cons you can imagine on each)- so we decided we wanted to read both books and make our own opinions.  We took a chance and went to half price books hoping they would have them there- and we got lucky!  We got the only copies of each one!  We also got 2 baby books- GoodNight Moon and Baby's First Bible Stories, plus we got daddy a DVD :)- and we got it all for under $20!!! I was so excited.  I have already started reading Happiest Baby on the Block and we will start to read the Baby Bible Stories to our little one this week :) I also broke down and loaded up on Palmers Lotion- I got the itchy skin spray, the stretch mark lotion, and the tummy cream.  My skin had become soooo dry and itchy it was painful- those lotions were great! My skin feels sooo much better now!!  And we had to make a run to Motherhood Maternity to get a sleeping bra- now that is a MUST for pregnancy- wish I would have been told to get that earlier! What a lifesaver!

We got to have dinner with our neighbors this week- they have a newborn little girl and it was so nice to be able to eat with them and talk and get advice from parents our age who have just gone through everything.  Their advice and experience they went through has been so helpful to us-  We just love living next to them!

It was Memorial Day weekend so we took full advantage of the extra day off and got a lot of house stuff done!  Our plumbing was messed up- try being pregnant and not being able to go to the bathroom at all! (IMPOSSIBLE!)  Thankfully we have wonderful neighbors who let me run over as I needed to and a wonderful mom who lets us stay over whenever we want!  Brian rented a Roto Rooter from Home Depot and my dad came over and those two men worked so hard and fixed (for now) the problem- so now we have plumbing again! Thank goodness!  Thats the good news, bad news is- we dont know if it is fixed or temporarily fixed-  we are anticipating that the pipe is broke, about 30 ft out- which will costs thousands of dollars to fix.  Not good timing for the budget!  Hopefully, thats not the case though! My dad is a superhero- there is nothing that man cant do or fix- and its been such a blessing to have him teach Brian as much as he can.  I love that my dad is patient and that he LOVES being around Brian and doing things with him and that he actually likes taking the time and really teaching Brian things.  As a daughter and wife, it makes my heart so happy to see those two men working together, laughing, and being family. I am just so lucky.

Before we got that fixed, my sweet mom- who already had my aunt and her dog staying at her house all weekend, insisted that we stay at her house (with Baby Girl)  and take her bed- while she slept on the couch.  That woman has the biggest heart ever- I cant wait for her to be a grandma!  Since my aunt was in town we had family stuff going on all weekend at my moms so we got to hang out over there alot- it was really nice! We even had a cookout and a Thunder Watch Party :)

I say it all the time, but I just cant say it enough- I hope and pray I am as good of a mom as my mom is.  I talked about Brian and my dads relationship earlier- but my mom and him have such a special one too.  He loves to take care of my mom and do anything we can to make things easier on her, and my mom- well she just adores Brian and has welcomed him not only to our family, but in her heart.  I feel like God is just showing off to me lately with my family- I've just been in awe of how lucky and blessed I am. We talk alot about the type of parents we want to be- and I feel like I've had amazing examples from Oma and Opa to my parents- we want to be active and involved and loving and teaching and we want our kids to have a childhood full of memories- memories of playing and adventures and learning and just being loved unconditionally.  And we want to do it all TOGETHER- not just mom or not just dad, but as a family.  It's so fun to talk about and dream about, just cant wait until we get to hold our baby and start being parents!

We have the nursery cleaned out, but a lot of the stuff went straight to the garage or shed until we had time to go through it all, so Monday we tackled the garage!  We took about 4 garbage bags to goodwill and donated a lot of stuff- it looks much better out there now!  Slowly but surely our house is getting back in to order!  We were extremely blessed by my brother and sister in law- they gave us their old baby stuff they dont need anymore- and it will help us out tremendously! So now there is some actual baby items in our house :)  Cant wait till our little one is here!

We also got our invitations for the Baby Reveal done this weekend and will mail out sometime soon- they are sooooo cute! I just love them!  We're having to tweak some of our plans and surprises we had for the party, but I'm sure it will all work out- and we cannot wait to be with everyone and find out! I think I count down the days every day..haha! I just want to know what our baby is so I dont have to keep saying "it" :)

Pretty sure I felt my first movement this week too- When we woke up over at my moms, I felt a little flutter bubble and I think it was our little one!  

 I did so much cleaning and organizing over the weekend that my feet were killing me- i felt like there were knives just stabbing my feet all over- soo my wonderful husband- who HATES feet-gave me my first ever foot massage by him :) I was in heaven!  Thank you baby for showing me love all the time in all sorts of ways! I love you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment