The Fritts Life- its gonna be a good good life!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

17 Weeks!



How Far Along:  17 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 1 pound...not much, but at least its a gain!
Maternity Clothes: Yes!!!! Getting more and more and I love it!
Stretch Marks:  Not quite yet
Sleep:  IMPOSSIBLE! My hip is in so much pain :(
Best Moment This Week: Feeling the baby's movement for the first time and garage sale-ing
Miss Anything: Sleeping soundly through the night on my stomach!
Movement: First little kick came this week! Haven't felt anything since though
Food Cravings:  Apple pies!
Anything make you quesy or sick:  Smells and sometimes brushing my teeth still does it
Gender Predicition- I have no idea anymore...I'm just preparing myself for either way!
Labor Signs: Nope!
Symptoms:  Crying out of nowhere, Hip pain, motion sickness in cars
Belly Button in or out: In
Wedding ring on or off:  On
Happy or Moody: Happy and Emotional and Stressed
Looking Forward to: The ultrasounds!!!!!
Nursery Progress: Organized a little more and got some more stuff moved out!



The baby is the size of an onion, weighs 5-6 oz and is about 5 inches long. It can now hear and react to sounds!

I felt my first (and only) kick this week! It was so amazing- I cant wait until I can feel it more and more often!  They say it should be any time now.....

I was so blessed by 2 co-workers who gave me some maternity clothes!  Now I have some tops and some more dresses- it couldn't have come at a better time!!!!

This week brought the stress! I have shed more tears than I have in a long long time. Tuesday night we got severe thunderstorms that had over 75mph winds and teacup size (about 4 in wide) hail.  We had my car in the garage and loaded up Brians pickup and stayed the night at my moms house so that we could get Brians truck in the garage and get it protected, and its a good thing we did!  That storm hit our house hard.  We lost all of our fence- all 3 sides have damage, the front of our house is damaged, and our roof is damaged.  We're learning all about how to file homeowners claims this week!

To add to all those expenses coming our way- our plumbing went out- again. Which means, the pipe is broken underground.  Once this happened, I just lost it.  Being pregnant and trying to save up money to pay for the baby bills and to buy stuff we have to have for the baby is stressful enough, but add on a complete new roof, complete new fence, complete new front of the house, and new pipes underground - and that was just too much for me to handle!  Luckily, I have an amazing husband who has a way of calming me down and getting me to believe that somehow someway we will make it through.  And I have wonderful parents who are there to support us and do whatever they can to help us out.  My dad came over the day the adjustor came and told us that they would do whatever they could for us- whether that meant brian and my dad had to dig the pipe up themselves and wade in poop to figure out for the first time ever how to fix it themselves- he was willing to devote all the time in the world to help.  And my mom took us in, gave up her master bedroom and master bathroom, gave up the control of the tv to my husband, and welcomed us to her home- for now it is our home too until the plumbing is fixed.  A pregnant woman cannot be without a running toilet for too long!

In the midst of what feels like everything is crumbling down around us- we are beyond blessed to have the unconditional love of my parents.  Both my mom and my dad are incredibly busy people- but no matter how busy they are, they always make time for us- and they never make us feel rushed or feel like we are inconveniencing them.   They are there for us for whatever we need, as long as we need it.  Not only are they there, but they have smiles on their faces the whole time and are so positive.  We are the most important thing on their to do list- no matter whats on the list that day or how important it may be- there is absolutely nothing more important to them than making time for their kids and loving on us-  It just blows me away.

So, by now the adjustor has come,  the plumber has come- and now we are getting estimates from roofers and construction for the rest of the home- praying for a break sometime soon!

Sleeping has again become impossible.  Now my poor hip is in excruciating pain when I lay on my side.  I can sleep for about 2 hours, then I wake up in tears the pain is so unbearable. I have to get up and walk around or sit up for an hour or so before I can even try to put weight on my hip again. I googled it and this seems like a common problem...but haven't found any solutions for it yet other than putting a pillow between your legs- which I already do :(.  We were saving up to be able to buy me the maternity pillow I wanted, but now with the house problems....doesn't look like thats going to be happening any time soon...

We did get to have some fun this week though!  We went garage sale-ing with my mom on Saturday and we did amazing! We had a BLAST!!!!  For $30 we were able to get:
*Baby OSU Cowboy Boots
*Baby OSU Rain Boots
*4 Baby Books
*Baby Einsten DVD
*5 Baby Lullaby CD's
*Pregnancy Workout DVD
*Pregnancy Book
*Parenting Book
*Orange Polo for Brian
*Grey Shirt for Brian
*BRAND new NFL Jersey w/ the tags on it for Brian
*Fishing Lures
*Game
*OSU Hat


While we were garage sale-ing I had someone ask me for the first time when I was due! I was sooo excited because that was the first time someone could tell I was pregnant!!!! :)

My mom got me some maternity tights (which I wanted so so so bad!) and she also found one of the CUTEST pregnancy gifts ever! Its a tape measure to measure your belly week by week and to record milestones in the pregnancy- I absolutely LOVE it!


It was also Brians mom's 60th Birthday on Saturday- we got her a Grandma 2012 shirt to wear to the gender reveal party  and Brian wrote out 60 Memories and Reasons why shes the best mom- it was really sweet.



We also got my mom a Grandma shirt- the idea was that they would wear them to the gender reveal party  to be special- but Brians parents are not going to be able to come, so our surprise plan didn't work- but at least my mom will be rockin the shirt that day!


The Reveal Party Planning is coming along!  My mom is putting so much heart and love into it- shes making most of the decorations and surprises we have planned for family.  Plan A didnt work out since Brians family will not make it, but we made some minor adjustments and came up with Plan B- it will still be fun and we can still pull off most of the things with just my family! A little over 2 more weeks and we will know!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment