The Fritts Life- its gonna be a good good life!

Friday, June 29, 2012

20 Weeks! Halfway There!


How Far Along:  20 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: +9 pounds
Maternity Clothes:  Oh yes!
Stretch Marks:  Not yet
Sleep:  Thats all I want to do :) Everything I read says I should have lots of energy right now- not true! Still sleeping by 7pm at night and I still go into zombie mode from 1-4pm every day!
Best Moment This Week: Getting to see our little one!!!!
Miss Anything: Energy
Movement: Feeling kicks daily now- still faint, but definitely kicks (or punches!)
Food Cravings:  Nothing specific, just hungry 24/7
Anything make you quesy or sick: BBQ and meat- most awful smell in the world!
Gender Predicition- I said this after the 13 week ultrasound and Im saying it again after these ultrasounds- everytime I see our little baby I just feel like its a boy
Labor Signs:  Nope!
Symptoms:  Extremely tired
Belly Button in or out: In
Wedding ring on or off:  On
Happy or Moody:  Happy!
Looking Forward to: Seeing the balloons come out of the box and getting to celebrate with all our family and friends!
Nursery Progress: I'm sure it will all be coming together after this upcoming weekend!


The baby is now the size of a banana!!! Thats just bananas! (hehe, sorry I couldnt help it).   It weighs 10.2 ounces and measures 10.5 inches -although Im willing to bet ours is much longer than average!

This week has been full of HUGE events for us!  We started looking for a new family truck on fathers day weekend-  but we only got disappointed after the deals didnt work out.  We had to have a crew cab pickup (quad cab is not safe for either the baby or the person the baby is behind- it forces you to be all the way up on the dash and too close to the air bag)- safety is our number one concern so this was ruled out immediately by me, my husband, and my father (who was our car guru through all this). We also needed a truck with low miles and we wanted a 4 wheel drive.  We quickly learned that we couldn't have all of that and stay within our (tight) budget- so the only reasonable thing to give  up was 4 wheel drive.  And  Monday we came across the PERFECT truck-   it was a Nissan Titan (and i just love Nissan)-  crew cab-  HUGE inside- we had test drove a Ram and a Silverado as well, and this was MUCH bigger inside than either of those!  It had low mileage and it was pretty.  We both fell in love with it instantly.   And yes, it is red, the color I swore I would never buy- but I don't even care- its perfect for our family and it will keep the baby safe and that is so much more important than a silly color.   So for all the people who want to get under my skin and make an OU reference- please be warned- I am pregnant and hormonal and can snap at any second- and any ou comment you make will not make me regret our decision or love our truck any less, because it is our family truck and it is beautiful, safe, and perfect for us. Red is a color, a universal color, not just an ou color.  So please let us be happy and love our truck and keep those comments in your head. Sorry for the rant- if you cant tell I've already gotten quite a few uncalled for remarks on the color :)


So Monday was a great day and it was followed by an even greater Tuesday!  We got to see our baby on the 2D/3D ultrasound! It had been 7 long weeks since we were able to see our little one and we were both so excited!  It was the gender ultrasound- and no we didn't peek!  We went to Stork Vision for it- we would highly recommend that place to anyone! Everyone was so nice and the room was so big so that it could accommodate any family members and we got to watch our little one on a big screen. It was sooo stinkin cute- the whole time it was just moving its mouth and stretching its (very long) legs out, and it would play with its toes and feet, and suck on its fingers.  It was constantly kicking and punching- the ultrasound tech kept asking if I could feel it, but I still cant yet... I can already tell it has so much personality- we are so in love! I cannot wait to meet our baby!  We were sent home with 8 pictures, a CD full of color pictures, and a DVD of the whole thing! 




Wednesday Brians mom had surgery so we went to visit them at the hospital.
 And this was one of the very first "real" kicks I felt.  It wasnt a flutter and wasnt a maybe...it was a kick! I was soooo excited!

Friday we had our 2nd ultrasound of the week- this was the medical one you do halfway through.  They looked at the babys bones, heart, blood, brain, spine, everything!  It was so cool to watch as she explained what everything was and how you can just see all that!  Once again our baby was active and then just fell asleep- there was no waking it up!  It has a big head, looonnggg legs, and big feet....it weighs 15 oz and is measuring about a week ahead. I wish I could just see the baby like that every day- its the best!  We had our monthly dr appt after the ultrasound and we were told the baby is perfectly healthy! whoo hoo!!! Thank you Lord!  What a miracle :)




Only a few days left until we know if "it" is a boy or girl........


1 comment:

  1. Love the baby pictures....can't wait till Gender party to find out if its a girl or boy
    Good choice on truck
    Have a good week.....Mom

    ReplyDelete