The Fritts Life- its gonna be a good good life!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hello 2nd Trimester! 13 Weeks!!


How Far Along:  13 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: Back to my starting weight- hopefully I'll start gaining now!
Maternity Clothes: Stocking Up on them!
Stretch Marks:  Not yet
Sleep:  Difficult- cannot get comfortable at all
Best Moment This Week: Cleaning the Nursery out and planning the party
Miss Anything: Having energy
Movement: not yet- cant wait to feel that for the first time!
Food Cravings:  Nothing really... **update: INDIAN TACOS!!!! (real ones)
Anything make you quesy or sick:  CAR RIDES!
Gender Predicition-  ????
Labor Signs: nope
Symptoms: Headaches, heartburn, nausea, cramping
Belly Button in or out: In
Wedding ring on or off:  On
Happy or Moody: Happy but starting to get super emotional!
Looking Forward to: Hearing our baby's heartbeat again
Nursery Progress: The room is cleared out!


We are 13 Weeks Along- Finally into the 2nd trimester! Woot Woot!!!!!  Words cannot describe how happy we are to have made it past the 1st trimester! Our baby is now the size of a peach.  It is forming vocal cords and teeth and already has fingerprints! 

This week we found out that the baby cannot go in Brians truck at all.  He has an 08 model and they didn't make the feature to turn air bags off until the 09 models.  Its not just that we cant turn it off, but that it cannot be done at all.  Also, the middle seat is too narrow to hold the baby seat.....soooo we are back into Dave Ramsey mode to pay off my car before the baby gets here so we can get him a family truck.  It will be nothing short of a miracle if we get this done, but in our minds its just not optional.  Its a little stressful, but exciting at the same time!  So if you hear us saying no to a lot of things, or if you just get a  card or homemade items as a gifts- you know why! With such a large family, gifts for every holiday would cause us to go in debt so quickly- so instead we will choose to write a thoughtful card or make you something- and trust me, those are much more meaningful than any store bought item anyways!  Between paying in cash for ALL the baby and hospital bills, paying off a car, and saving to buy our baby things- all within 6 months, all while staying debt free- its quite the task!

Sunday afternoon we had a surprise visit from my dad-  he walked in carry stacks of tubs- so right away me and Brian knew something was up.  The baby's nursery has been our junk office for awhile now and it had gotten so bad you could barely walk in it.  My dad knew how bad it was stressing me out but that I just didn't have the energy do anything about it, so he came over and said- surprise!  we are cleaning out your nursery!  After a minor panic attack (yes I am OCD), Brian calmed me down and I was on board!  Brian and my dad worked so hard moving everything and organizing it and putting in places that I could easily get to so that I could slowly work on finding a place in the house for everything.  It was  such a blessing to us!  The room is now cleared out and we can start on the nursery!!!! Whoo hoo!!!!!

We also sat down with my mom and started planning out our gender reveal party! We cannot wait!!!!!! We are both so excited (so is my mom!), it cannot get here soon enough :)  We have lots of cute and fun ideas for the day to make it extra special!

I had my first (of 2) pregnancy dentist visits this week. I have NEVER been scared or nervous to go to the dentist (I was blessed that my parents have always made sure I go every 6 months without fail), but this time I was sooo nervous.  I didn't want to throw up and I especially didn't want to throw up all over someone else!  My hygienist was so sweet and talked me through everything and I made it through just fine!  The dentist told me everything looked perfect and just to keep doing my best on brushing and flossing. They explained the heightened risk of gum disease and progesterone and how it can affect the baby and were so kind and knowledgeable with everything. Whew! I was so relieved that it went so well!

We haven't really gotten to get out and do much.  Between me always feeling bad and tired- I get soo sick in car rides that it makes it hard to drive anywhere.  But Tuesday I was feeling really good so we went to the RedHawks game with Taylor and Kaylee- it was so fun!  We got to sit in the suite and just hung out and talked (didn't watch much of the game...) but it was a great night!

So, we're 13 weeks and counting! Every week things get a little easier, but were still dealing with problems and set backs- some normal, some not so normal.  Every day of being pregnant and every day the baby grows is a blessing.  I can't say enough how amazing my husband has been through all this!


No comments:

Post a Comment