The Fritts Life- its gonna be a good good life!

Monday, August 13, 2012

26 Weeks


How Far Along:  26 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 12 pounds (down 2 from last week)
Maternity Clothes:  YES! Thanks to a sweet friend I was blessed with clothes that I can fit into!!!
Stretch Marks:  Just the few, keeping it to a minimum!
Sleep:  So much better now since the chiropractor!
Best Moment This Week: Brians Birthday!!!!
Miss Anything: Being able to clean without hurting!
Movement: He is a mover! I love feeling him, so glad Brian can feel him now! Now I just need to get my mom to feel him :)
Food Cravings:  Hmmm..Mexican and Chocolate- just like before pregnancy ha!
Anything make you quesy or sick: ALL healthy food :) please dont put a salad, fruit, or veggies in front of me! yuck!
Gender Predicition- ITS A BOY!
Labor Signs: None!!
Symptoms:  Tired, emotional, organizing everything!, back pain
Belly Button in or out: In!
Wedding ring on or off:  On- however with the super hot weather, my fingers are starting to swell and its getting tighter!
Happy or Moody:  Happy with some emotional spurts :)
Looking Forward to: Taking our baby classes- so super excited
Nursery Progress:  Ordered the Crib and dresser- once they get here all the big furniture will be in the nursery!!


Braxton is now the size of a head of lettuce!  He weighs in at 1.5- 2.5 pounds and is 13.5-14.8 inches long. His immune system is getting ready by soaking up my antibodies and he is breathing!  His eyelids have finally opened and his eyelashes have all formed.  He can move his head all around, so cool to think about all this!

My lower back pain on my right side was getting to be so horrible- to the point that walking was impossible, I couldnt put weight on my right leg.  I couldnt lay down, the pain was unbearable.  The only thing I could do to relive a tiny bit of the pain was to lay on the opposite side of the pain and put ice on my lower back.  It didnt make it better, but just a little less worse!  So I finally gave in a decided it was time to pay up and go to the chiropractor.   I called my friend who has her own business and made an appointment to come in that week - I did check with my doctor first, and she was completly on board with this! Thank goodness!

Well that had to be one of the best decisions I have made in this pregancy- I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner!!! She checked me all out and did some adjustments- and boy oh boy did it ever help.  We got my pelvis back in alignment and ALL my absolutly horrible pelvic pain was gone, along wtih all my hip pain! It was like a miracle!!!!  My back pain is hurting partly because my back muscles arent strong enough to support me and the baby- thats what I get for not staying in shape- but we are working on it!  She told me to think positive thoughts, stop stressing, drink tons of water, and start walking and doing pre natal yoga!

It is amazing how much better my days and nights are now! Sleeping is back to normal, I dont have to cry myself to sleep anymore or wake up in the middle of the night with intense pains!  I cant say it enough, if you are pregnant go to the chiropractor!!!!

I was also blessed this week by a friend at work- she actually lives in Colorado but we work for the same company-  she just had a baby boy and she mailed me her maternity clothes to have!  It couldnt have come at a better time, I was starting to outgrow all my clothes and we just didnt have the money for me to buy anything else- maternity clothes arent cheap!  When I got her boxes full of clothes I just wanted to cry- thank you thank you thank you Heather for your generosity!  You have blessed us more than you will know!

This was a tough week on Brian-  he had two guys who hit the back of his truck and then road raged him coming home from church Wednesday night-  they chased him down and blocked him in and threatened him- so scary.  I was so thankful he made it home safe and sound without being beat or even worse.  We called the cops and had to turn in a report-  made us think about so much- getting in shape, taking self defense classes, being prepared if this happens again.   My parents were so worried about him, that just messes with your head when you are threatened and harassed like that.  I think my dad called/texted every hour just to check on him (okay maybe a slight exaggeration, but not much).  He sat down and talked to us about how brian felt in the moment and afterwards and how to handle the situation in the future and what we need to do to protect ourselves. My mom was worried sick about him too- but we were all so thankful nothing worse happened!  On top of that, he ended up breaking his toe this week too! So painful and absolutely nothing you can do for it! It was pretty bad- completely black, blue, and purple :(

This week was Brians 29th Birthday!!! I absolutely love planning his birthdays- i love going all out and making the day about nothing but him!  This year was a little harder on me being pregnant-I just didn't have the same energy to do all the planning I normally do, so it was low key, but still had so much thought and love poured into it :)

Early Saturday morning- Brians actual birthday- we got up and headed over to dads- he had asked Brian to come over and help him put something on his truck.  Thankfully, Brian agreed- bc there was actually a big surprise waiting for him!  We got there and my dad told him to pull the big box from the backyard to the front and go ahead and open it-  when he did, he found the side steps to his truck!!!! What an awesome and thoughtful birthday present.  My dad knew how much Brian wanted this and decided to get them and then help him put them on as well.  We are so blessed!  Brian was like a little kid he was so excited- and then the hard work began...in the over 100 degree heat.  But Brian did all of it!  Dad coached him and supervised and checked it all over, but Brian did the hard work and installed his own sidesteps! They also doctored up his broken toe- wrapped it really good for him- poor guy, he did all that work on the broken toe! I was so proud of him accomplishing that and watching him work hard with my dad.  He could not wait to show them off to all the family and friends! 






For lunch we went to a local pizza restaurant with my mom and some of our friends to celebrate.  The night before me and brian had stayed up until 11pm making his Batman Birthday cake-  it didn't turn out too good, but it was alot of fun baking together :)  The pizza was delicious and the company was wonderful- great conversations and smiles from everyone.  I actually had to end the lunch bc we were going to be late to our next birthday stop!  Big thank you to those who came out to celebrate with us!!!!  My mom gave Brian part of his bed liner he wanted for the truck!  Both my mom and dad did their research this year and found out what Brian really wanted and did their best to help him get it! Thank you to both of you- means alot to me as his wife that you care about him and love him like a son!




After that it was all about me and Brian-  we went to see Batman (yes I was terrified to go to a movie theater, but I did it for him!)  It was one long movie, I was ready for nap-  but all that mattered was that Brian loved it!  We decided to grab some food after the dinner and went over to moms and ate with her and relaxed for the night.  I ended up giving Brian 3 gifts:  1 from Baby Girl, 1 from Braxton, and 1 from Me.  Baby Girl got him a new DVD player (we needed one so badly), Braxton got him a private gun lesson, and I got him some new jeans, shoes, and glasses! I'd say Brian had a pretty good birthday :)



Sunday we had his family come down and had lunch with them and my dad and Mikki.  I got Brian a pickup truck cookie cake for this day, and it turned out soooo cute!!!! We had some BBQ for lunch and then had the afternoon free-  Brians family ended up going back home so we decided to go over to dads and hang out and do a little more truck work.


It was a tough and hard week emotionally and physically, but hopefully I was able to brighten up Brians week with his birthday celebrations :)  Next birthday we will be celebrating is BRAXTONS!!!!! Cannot wait!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment