The Fritts Life- its gonna be a good good life!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

27 Weeks


How Far Along:  27 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 15 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Stocked up! Now just need to find something to wear for our pictures!
Stretch Marks:  Just the few, keeping it to a minimum!
Sleep:  Pretty good! No pains for the most part!
Best Moment This Week: Baby Class & Brian and dad putting together the crib
Miss Anything: I feel like I say it every week- but cuddling up with my husband w/o a maternity pillow between us!
Movement: Kicks are getting harder and harder!
Food Cravings:  Mexican and Chocolate
Anything make you quesy or sick: Watching birthing videos :), smell of smoke
Gender Predicition- ITS A BOY!
Labor Signs: None!!
Symptoms:  Nesting (can that happen this early?!? cuz it is!), emotional, sensitive, tired
Belly Button in or out: In!
Wedding ring on or off:  On- still not swollen yet! Crossing my fingers it stays this way!
Happy or Moody:  Happy and emotional
Looking Forward to: Our next ultrasound!
Nursery Progress:  It looks like an actual nursery now!  Crib is up - all we are waiting on is the dresser and then painting!


Baby is the size of a Rutabega! No idea what that is, but I like saying the word :) He is breathing and showing brain activity- he should weigh 1.5-2.5 pounds and be 13.6-14.8 inches long. He should be rotating to get into the head down position (crossing our fingers anyways!)

Friday me and my mom had a 1/2 day off together- so we spent the afternoon running errands for Braxton and finding little things we needed for his room and the house.  It was really fun.  This baby is going to be so spoiled by love!!!

We had our first baby class this week- it was ALL day Saturday about The Birth of The Baby.   It was definitely overwhelming for me- we watched 3 couples go through natural labor, watched a video of an actual epideral, and a video of a labor with an epidural.  I'm pretty sure everyone knows, but just in case- GIVE ME THE DRUGS! I am not interested in the slightest in natural labor!  Seems absolutely crazy to me!  Right before we took a lunch break, I started to feel really dizzy and lightheaded and broke into a cold sweat- I was just so overwhelmed with the labor my body was reacting.  Luckily, we got a lunch break and I started to feel better.

We ate at Old School Bagel for lunch, which ended up being ironic because when we came back to class the first thing we learned was that being dilated to 10cm is the size of a bagel! Yowza!!!!  We learned so much though, all about labor, contractions, how to handle it if we wake up at 3am with contractions, how to time everything, when to go to the hospital, breathing techniques through all the different stages of labor, everything! Brian is a pro!  He learned how to coach me through contractions and how to keep me calm and how to get me to breathe right and when to take action.   We had a quiz at the end and he got every question right- I love that he is taking all this seriously and I feel completely at ease with him taking care of me and getting me through what is to come! He is seriously the best husband and best dad ever!

I love how our hospital keeps the baby in your room- pretty sure everyone knows this too, but just in case- I want him there.  I dont want them to take him away for me to rest or anything else unless its for health reasons.  I cannot wait to hold him and want him right there so we can  look at him all the time :)

Sunday my dad came over and him and Brian put together the crib. 





 The nursery is looking sooooo good! It actually looks like Braxtons room now :)  I love watching my dad "coach" Brian and teach him manly things- it makes my heart so happy- and now everytime I see them together  I just think about how Brian will do this with our son. I love that he is learning so many new things and learning how to be a teacher and coach- our son is going to be so lucky to have him as a daddy!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are at the point when Finn was born! YOWZA! You're doing great! Keep it up! ~Betsey

    ReplyDelete